[Presentation] A Real Situation-like Rehearsal
A Real Situation-like Presentation Rehearsal
In addition, there is no guarantee that your next presentation will go well because your presentation today went well. – it’s just like a live broadcast stage.
Then, would there be a way to give ‘live broadcasting-like presentations’ in a very stabilized way?
There’s only one way! ‘A Real situation-like rehearsal’ prepared with all possible expected variables.
■ [Presentation] Rehearse like a real situation!
(Remember that practice and rehearsal is different.)
When you are having the last rehearsal, it’s effective to have it in the same way as at a real presentation site.
# [Presentation Rehearsal] All rehearsals are not the same?!
When you have presentation rehearsals, it’s effective to divide them into steps.
① Step 1: Script Rehearsal
Purpose: To check the presentation contents(script) and presenter’s presentation speed.
Presenters get to fully understand the presentation contents through script-oriented rehearsal.
– Read script aloud.
– Check for any words that sounds uncomfortable, awkward sentences, ambiguous expressions, difficult sentences that is hard to manage breath.
– Check and remove any interjection(hmm, umm, uh ..etc.) that comes out repetitively.
– Adjust presentation speed so that you can finish your presentation within the set time.
② Stage 2: Rehearsal with Visual Material
Purpose: Use slide materials and check presenter’s facial expressions, gesture, moving path and speed.
A complete practice and rehearsal makes presenter’s confident facial expression and gesture.
– Start rehearsal by running slide materials.
– Try not to read script and face audiences as if you are in a real situation.
– Adjust the speed of slides and presentation.
– Check if the presenter’s facial expression, eye contact, voice(pronunciation), gesture and etc. seem natural.
– Check if the presenter’s message is delivered clearly. (check if the parts with impact are expressed well)
– Check the condition of slide material – screen, font size, orthography and etc.
– Film your rehearsal with a video camera and do a final review.
③ Stage 3: Final Rehearsal at the real site
Purpose: The purpose of final rehearsal at the real site is to find and remove any distractions from the environment in advance.
Be prepared even with the clothes and rehearse as if you are in a real situation! – it will pay you back with a ‘presentation full of confidence’ on your D-day.
Check the size of the site, location of audiences, seat arrangement, moving paths.
Check mobility of microphone, audio sound, screen equipment, PC version, adjustment method of air conditioner/heater, location of light switch, stage lighting and etc.
Check slide, presenter’s clothes, message delivery, voice, speed, facial expression, gesture, eye contact, movement and etc. for the last time.